Well, I should be working right now, but you know how that goes sometimes...
So, on to a song of mine that I always have really liked, despite the fact that it's probably not a very popular song. In fact, I'm assuming there are only a handful of you out there that even like the song. But, it's one of my all time favorites.
"I'm Sorry You're Alone" had a fairly humble beginning. Essentially I was messing around with different tunings on the guitar and I found this particular tuning that I liked because when I played a variant of the A and G chords, there were open strings that added lots of extra goodies. The A had a suspended 2nd and a suspended 4th (which grated beautiful against the 3rd of the chord) and the G had a suspended 2nd and a 6th. And basically whenever I just wanted to chill out, I'd tune my guitar that way and play the A and G chords over and over and over. Literally, just play them over and over and over. And it made me feel all warm and cozy inside. So when I decided to turn it into a song to add to the album I was working on, I wanted to keep that same feeling while adding in a hypnotic ethereal sound that best described the mood I was always in when I played it on my guitar. So I messed around for a while and slowly (ever so slowly) it started developing into the song I included on the album.
To share a secret, sometimes when I'm in that same mood, I'll just put the song on and listen to it while I chill out and get all warm and cozy inside. I don't mean to say that this song is worth bragging about, I'm just saying it hits me in the right spot when I listen to it.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


![[FourStevensBeach+square.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj7YgpIXFjwyOCTmjHMqShnye3OaZ955Zr4_nEB0NtQ15qg9YatO8DGFLZ15U-GMRzvebOT92x_2bL3aEjoqjyaIJMp0zPRTW5ofwuclsOFTxHs55k4ZLoEQIzzJN1fjp0Frtxoc103JAk/s220/FourStevensBeach+square.jpg)
1 comment:
I LOVE knowing all that!! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment