My personality contradicts itself. A lot. I love to be with people. But I desperately need to be by myself. I want to drop everything and go on an adventure at the spur of a moment. But my pragmatic senses calculate how much time and/or money it would take to do it. I want to see the beauty in everything. But I want to see the usefulness in everything. Ugh, it's difficult to live inside my mind all the time.
My latest self-contradiction relates to the recent life-adventure of moving across the country to a new place. I couldn't wait! I was ready for the change! I wanted the laid-back life style of the West! I wanted to pack up, flash everyone a peace sign, and skip town. I felt like this:
I got here, started settling in, enjoyed some of the new scenery, and then...started feeling the contradiction. I started to terribly miss the people, places, and life I knew back in D.C. I missed the familiarity and strong bonds of friendship. I missed the way people lived their lives in an energetic, passionate style (almost manic!--but I miss it!). So to confess I started feeling a wee bit overwhelmed and lonely. Arrived in my destination only to miss my place of departure. I started feeling like this:
I know it takes time. Friends that I have no idea about now will eventually pop up into our lives and I'll wonder how I ever lived life without them. The place will become so familiar that it will feel like home. Time. Just takes some time...
Until then, here's a shout-out to some of y'all back East!!! (love you guys lots!)
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





![[FourStevensBeach+square.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj7YgpIXFjwyOCTmjHMqShnye3OaZ955Zr4_nEB0NtQ15qg9YatO8DGFLZ15U-GMRzvebOT92x_2bL3aEjoqjyaIJMp0zPRTW5ofwuclsOFTxHs55k4ZLoEQIzzJN1fjp0Frtxoc103JAk/s220/FourStevensBeach+square.jpg)
2 comments:
Don't worry, we miss you too!
Hey there. Where did you move to? Rachel and I are moving to Budapest at the end of the month. You'll have to come visit us.
-Ivan
Post a Comment