Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Kid I Once Am

I think more than any other song, people have told me they like “The Kid I Once Am.” So I ought to talk about it, right?

It’s kind of funny to me because, though I liked the song while I was writing it, I had a lot of trouble during the recording. For some reason I just couldn’t get the sounds to blend, the rhythms to match up or the different parts to bridge right. I kept goofing up on the guitar and the vocals. So I came this close (picture me with my fingers real close together) to giving it up and throwing it away. I starting doubting that it was very good anyway. But at the last second, it magically came together and I thought, hey this worked out alright. But since I was pretty self-conscious about it, I didn’t want it in any kind of prominent place on the CD, so I stuck it in an innocuous 6th place on the CD. There were other songs on the CD I was fairly proud of, so I thought it was funny when it was “The Kid I Once Am” that everybody liked so much. :) So, thank goodness that it worked out in the end!


No comments:

Blog Archive